Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Farewell

Dear DEs-


As you may have read on CUNA News Now (http://www.cuna.org/newsnow/10/system080310-7.html) the National Credit Union Foundation has engaged in a number of significant changes. As a result, I am no longer employed by the Foundation.

While I am disappointed by the process and timing of this action, I want you to know that I have been deeply honored to lead and be a part of the DE Program. You, the DE community, have been gracious and kind to me, and I have never known such a passionate and committed group of people. You are tireless in your dedication to ensuring the credit union movement does make a true difference and the world a better place for all. I call many of you ‘friend’…make that ‘good friend’ and I am continuously humbled by your friendship and trust. To the volunteer staff for next week’s IslandWood DE training I offer my thanks and best wishes. I know the program will be a great success.

Life is ever changing which is what makes it so interesting and marvelous, and we can always glean some good from change. Please know that this is not good bye, DE will be a part of me where ever I go…and you will go with me too.

Thank you for allowing me to be part of something extraordinary. All the best to each of you.

Cooperatively,

Tom Decker

Email: ltdeck@gmail.com

Cell: 608-358-9183

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for all you have done, not only for me personally, for credit unions and the people we serve. I'm a little bit speechless right now (that never happens), but suffice it to say I'm saddened by this news. With that said, I have no doubt that you will make the most out of this opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's about all I can say.

    Tom, I always look back to the years we worked together fondly on the DE program. Like Matt said, I don't really know what to say but know you will continue to be a great asset and change agent in the movement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sad news...the DE Program will not be the same without you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tom I have to echo Matt's comments, thank you. You have meant so much to me personally and professionally. It pains me to see you leave the DE program. You made the program shine and challenged all of us to not to simply say we were DE's but to be and act like DE's.

    I know you'll land on your feet wherever life takes you, my hope is that it's with credit unions in some capacity.

    Thanks friend.
    Matt Vance

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tom, I can honestly say you are the coolest guy I ever met. I have the utmost respect for you. Matt's right, you challenged us to be better than we were, and I will always be grateful for that. I admire you personally and professionally and wish you all the best in the world. My heart is breaking for you, for us, and the program.

    Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all that you have done with DE. It wouldn't be where it is today without your leadership. I'd like to thank you personally for being a positive/guiding influence on my role with credit unions. Until our CU paths meet again... fair winds and following seas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tom, as you know, being a part of the DE program these past couple of short years has been pivotal in my personal and professional growth. I lack words to fully convey the monumental impact it has had on my life. Please understand that you have been a mentor, friend and inspiration to me. I am deeply saddened by the thought of those who become involved with DE in the future that will not be privileged to know you in this capacity. The loss of your dedication, commitment, grace and compassion in this program are insurmountable. I feel confident in saying that those who know you as I have understand and appreciate all that you have done for the credit union movement. I wish you joy and success in your future endeavors for I know no one who deserves it more than you.

    ReplyDelete